Thursday, April 18, 2019

Simple, Great, and Cheap Self-Stick Window Birdfeeder!



This is going to make you smack your forehead.

I was sitting in my new travel trailer that has a lot of windows, watching the birds and wishing I had a window bird feeder. So, I designed and built a nice wooden one, based on one I had seen years ago. It's nice, but it takes time, materials and woodworking skills to make it.  It also takes up a lot of room in my tiny house. 


One day as I was walking through Dollar Tree, I saw something . . . 




Hmmmm, I thought. I wonder if birds would be willing to sit on this? And more importantly, will they recognize it as a feeder? Or will they just bring their tiny towels . . . 

I bought a couple.

Attached them to windows.






It has some serious advantages over the wooden feeder. It's lighter and takes up less room. You can remove the dish part for cleaning and refilling without having to remove the suction cups from the window. You can see the birds better without all that wood in the way.

The birds come even in the rain!


This is a seriously wonderful discovery. It is amazing to see the birds so close.

So, run to the Dollar Tree and buy a couple for your own RV, Travel Trailer, Tiny House, or even your real house!  

And then, go outside and play! Or at least fill the bird feeders!

No comments:

Post a Comment